MONITOR (HOST) RESPONSIBILITIES
THANK YOU FOR STEPPING UP TO BE A SHIFT MONITOR
Every shift MUST have a designated monitor. The monitor can play at the same time.
* mixer monitors should arrive 30 minutes early to get things setup.
* Rob will provide you with the gate code and bathroom lockbox code
* once the previous shift has completely exited, go in to begin set up (close door behind you)
* unlock both bathrooms using the coded lockbox on the mens door
* grab the sanitizer station and the rubbermaid bin from the mens washroom. Set them up.
* place the sanitizer station stand on the heavy rubber mats to prevent tipping and slippage
* NEW: set one spray bottle and towel at "every other" court that is going to be used. The players can undo their own "bungie cords" on their court gates
* once ready, open the gate for players
* make sure everyone uses the sanitizer stand upon entering
* ensure only people registered on your shift enter the premise (check website on your phone for names just prior to your shift as changes may have happened)
* if someone arrives and says they registered but not on your list, call or text Rob 403-350-1070
* instruct players to wipe off their courts and re-strap the bungie court once done playing.
* NEW: for mixers, ask them to wipe down and strap "any one court" when done playing.
* The bungie cords help monitors and organizers know which courts have been cleaned
* direct everyone to their assigned courts. No congregating please.
* you do NOT need to use a sign in sheet
* when everyone has entered, close door and sanitize both the in/out door knobs
* if the courts are wet and things look ugly, please declare a RAIN OUT and lock up
* people may leave before the end of their shift can not re-enter
* ensure everyone OUT by the end of the shift. No drag time please. IMPORTANT
* give everyone a 10 minute warning prior to the end of the shift. Air horn provided.
* if their no shift following you, put rubbermaid and santizer stateion away in mens washroom
* lock up when everyone has exited
* Club adminstrators are permitted to enter the facility for duties without playing. These include Brenda, DickF, DougD, PeterN, Alida, Sheila, Connor and Rob
NOTE: YOU ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE SETUP, HOOKUP, MAINTENANCE OR PUTTING AWAY THE BALL MACHINES. DO NOT PRETEND TO BE. PEOPLE WHO ARE USING THE MACHINES HAVE BEEN GIVEN SPECIFIC INSTRUCTIONS (SEE BALL MACHINE PAGE)
* ensure all those playing doubles are "household doubles"
* ensure general 6ft social distancing in the courts and corridors (except household members)
* ensure everyone is serving with their own household ball
* ensure no one else enters the facility during your shift (except Brenda/Rob/DickF/Peter/Alida/DougD/Sheila/Connor/Instructor who may be doing club duties )
* ensure people "flip" open their court gate latch with their paddles instead of hands
* if you see non-compliance, please issue a friendly reminder to the offending people. If ongoing non-compliance, please email Rob or Brenda after your shift.
Thank you for your help. I am VERY confident our members will be VERY cooperative (less the odd brain fart or misunderstanding
* PLAYERS MUST BRING THEIR OWN PADDLES AND BALLS.
* SHED IS CLOSED. PLEASE SET OUT THE LITTLE "A FRAME" SIGN IN THE MORNING AND BRING INSIDE AT NIGHT.
* FIRST AID KIT AND AED MACHINE IN THE RUBBERMAID BIN BY THE SHED
* DO NOT HESITATE TO CALL 911 AS NEEDED
* SQUEEGIES BESIDE THE SHED