MONITOR (HOST) RESPONSIBILITIES
THANK YOU FOR STEPPING UP TO BE A SHIFT MONITOR
Every shift MUST have a designated monitor. The monitor can play at the same time.
Monitors for mixers and cohort groups carry a higher degree of effort due to the heavy turnouts we are experiencing.
* mixer AND cohort group monitors should arrive 30 minutes early to get things setup. Close gate during setup
* Rob will provide you with the gate code and bathroom lockbox code
* unlock both bathrooms using the coded lockbox on the mens door
* grab the sanitizer station and the rubbermaid bin from the mens washroom. Set them up.
* place the sanitizer station stand OUTSIDE THE MAIN GATE on the heavy rubber mats to prevent tipping and slippage
* Pre-set one spray bottle and towel at "every other" court that is going to be used.
* once ready, open the main gate for players
* greet everyone and make sure everyone uses the sanitizer stand upon entering
* reference their name to ensure they are on the "current" list on the main page of website
* ensure only people registered on your shift enter the premise (check website on your phone for names just prior to your shift as changes may have happened)
* if someone arrives at a mixer and says they registered but not on your list, proceed but text Rob at 403-350-1070
* you do NOT need to use a sign in sheet
* COHORT CAPTAINS AND MONITORS: DO NOT LET A NON-REGISTERED PLAYER ENTER YOUR GROUP NO MATTER HOW GOOD OF EXCUSE THEY PROVIDE.
* 5 minutes after the session begins, close door and sanitize both the in/out door knobs. Enjoy your own play now.
* if the courts are wet and things look ugly, please declare a RAIN OUT and lock up
* people may leave before the end of their shift can not re-enter
* on the last shift of the day, put rubbermaid and santizer station away in mens washroom
* lock up when everyone has exited
NOTE: YOU ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE SETUP, HOOKUP, MAINTENANCE OR PUTTING AWAY THE BALL MACHINES. DO NOT PRETEND TO BE. PEOPLE WHO ARE USING THE MACHINES HAVE BEEN GIVEN SPECIFIC INSTRUCTIONS (SEE BALL MACHINE PAGE)
* ensure all those playing doubles are "household doubles" OR FULL cohort doubles
* ensure no one else enters the facility during your shift (except Brenda/Rob/DickF/Peter/DougD/Sheila/Connor/Instructor who may be doing club duties )
* if you see non-compliance, please issue a friendly reminder to the offending people. If ongoing non-compliance, please email Rob or Brenda after your shift.
Thank you for your help. I am VERY confident our members will be VERY cooperative (less the odd brain fart or misunderstanding
* FIRST AID KIT AND AED MACHINE IN THE RUBBERMAID BIN BY THE SHED
* DO NOT HESITATE TO CALL 911 AS NEEDED
* SQUEEGIES BESIDE THE SHED