RDPC 2020 PICKLEBALL POLICIES
It has been a long trail for the Board of Directors, the Start Up Task Force Committee, the Summer Play Committee and the court setup committee. Cumulatively there has been a ton of work done behind the scenes to get us to where we are today. Many of you will be disappointed by the restrictions in place by the City of Red Deer, by Alberta Health and by our own aforementioned committees, but it is what it is.
The health and safety of our members remains our club's #1 priority and responsibility.
The good new of course..................is we get the opportunity to get out and bash the ball ball around and see each other again, albeit from 6ft away
We have very tight restrictions which we absolutely need everyone to accept and respect.
One ill-timed deviation could truly shut down our whole operation.
Note: As time goes along and health regulations ease, we can begin to open up things more
Here are the current restrictions:
* MAXIMUM OF 40 PEOPLE IN OUR FACILITY AT ANY GIVEN TIME
* SOCIAL 6FT DISTANCING MANDATORY IN THE COURTS AND CORRIDORS (except household players)
* ALL PLAY SESSIONS BY ONLINE ADVANCE RESERVATION ONLY. NO SPONTANEOUS DROP-IN'S
* YOU MAY BOOK A PRIVATE COURT OR REGISTER INTO ONE OF OUR WEEKLY MIXERS
* SINGLES PLAY or HOUSEHOLD DOUBLES PLAY ONLY
* Singles being one person on each side of the net. (can be non-household players)
* Singles may play against any other "singles" in the facility during their session
* Household doubles means one "couple" playing against another "couple"
* Household couples may play any other household couples in the facility during their session.
* "Non-household" doubles play NOT permitted.
* Play is limited to "paid up" members of the Red Deer Pickleball Club. It is not open to the general public.
* If you have not paid your 2020 RDPC dues.................. CLICK HERE TO PAY DUES
* Members who are in "high risk" health categories are welcome to play, but at their own discretion and risk
* PLEASE do not play if you have any signs of COVID-19 such as cough, fever, shortness of breath, runny nose or sore throat, or have been out of Canada for 14 days or are in self isolation. Thank you.
* Members are encouraged to register for one of the clubs 9 weekly mixer events and/or sign up to battle the ball machine
* ARRIVE EXACTLY 5 MINUTES PRIOR TO YOUR COURT TIME. IN RESPECT TO THE MONITOR DO NOT ARRIVE EARLIER OR LATER. SHIFT CHANGES ARE A HIGH CONCERN FOR THE CITY AND AHS
* MONITORS PLEASE ARRIVE 30 MINUTES EARLY TO GET EVERYTHING PROPERLY SET UP
* YOU MAY LEAVE BEFORE THE END OF YOUR SHIFT BUT YOU CAN NOT RE-ENTER
* USE YOUR PADDLE TO "FLIP" OPEN AND CLOSE YOUR COURT GATE. NO TOUCHIE.
* WASHROOM NOW OPEN. PLEASE SANITIZE !!
* THE FIRST AID KIT AND THE AED ARE LOCATED IN A RUBBERMAID BIN BY THE SHED. NEVER HESITATE TO CALL 911 AS NEEDED.
* BRING AND USE YOUR OWN PRE-SANITIZED BALLS WITH YOUR INITIALS MARKED ON THEM.
* BRING YOUR OWN PADDLE, WATER BOTTLE , TOWEL AND SANITIZER BOTTLE. THE CLUB WILL NOT BE PROVIDING EQUIPMENT. IF YOU DON'T HAVE ANY EQUIPMENT, ORDER ONLINE AT WWW.PICKLEBALLDEPOT.CA OR AMAZON.CA (OCCASSIONALLY WALMART AND SPORT CHECK STOCKS PICKLEBALLS) IT DOES NOT MATTER WHICH OUTDOOR BALL YOU USE.
* YOU MUST SERVE WITH YOUR BALL ONLY.
* DON'T TOUCH ANYONE ELSE'S BALL WITH YOUR HANDS. IF THAT ACCIDENTALLY HAPPENS, PLEASE STOP PLAY IMMEDIATELY AND SWITCH BALLS (OR RESANITIZE THE BALL AND YOUR HANDS).
* GET IN THE HABIT OF PASSING THE BALL TO THE SERVER BY GIVING IT A BOOT OR WHACKING IT WITH YOUR PADDLE (INSTEAD OF PICKING IT UP AND TOSSING IT LIKE WE ARED USED TO)
* WHEN FINISHED YOUR SHIFT, PLEASE WIPE DOWN THE TOP OF THE SIDE RAILS AND THE TOP OF THE NET, USING THE PROVIDED TOWELS AND SANITIZER . RE-STRAP THE BUNGIE CORD. IT TAKES 2 MINUTES .THANK U
* WHEN YOU BOOK, YOU MUST LET US KNOW WHO THE OTHER PERSON(S) ARE ON YOUR COURT WILL BE. THIS WAS CRITICAL TO AB HEALTH FOR TRACKING PURPOSES SHOULD SOMEONE GET THE BUG.
* IT IS MANDATORY THAT EVERY SHIFT HAS A SHIFT MONITOR (HOST). EVERY PLAYER MUST TAKE THEIR FAIR TURN. PLEASE MAKE IT EASY ON EVERYONE AND STEP UP AND OFFER.
TYPE YOUR CELL NUMBER
PRIOR TO YOUR FIRST PLAY SESSION, EVERYONE (NOT JUST THE ONE BOOKING) MUST READ AND ACCEPT THE NEW CLUB POLICIES BELOW. THANKS
TO ACCEPT THE ABOVE POLICIES, PLEASE COMPLETE ALL
FOUR LINES BELOW. THANK YOU. ROB